Creamy Loaded Tomatoes
Tomatoes filled with ground meat and creamy cheese is one of my favorite LCHF or low-carb recipes. My recipe for creamy loaded tomatoes can be served as a main dish or side dish for lunch or dinner. It is not just easy to prepare but it is also juicy and delicious.
Serving Size: 4-6
1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil or (Coconut Oil for LCHF)
2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
6-8 pcs. Tomatoes (Large-size if possible)
200g Grated Cheese
200g Ground Meat (Meat of Your Choice)
3dl Crème Fraîche
Salt, Black Pepper (Seasoning)
- Preheat oven at 175 C degrees.
- Prepare frying pan in medium to high temperature on the stove.
- Add vegetable oil into the frying pan and then the minced garlic.
- Stir well until the minced garlic turns into golden roasted brown color.
- Add ground meat of your choice after the garlic and then let it cook in medium temperature for 8-10 mins or until the meat looks cook. Season with salt and black pepper. If you want it a bit spicy, you may add some cayenne pepper or chili powder just to add a spicy kick to it. Warning: Don’t too much!
- While waiting for the ground meat to cook, you can start preparing the tomatoes and filling. Cut the tomatoes into halves. Remove the seeds and everything from the tomatoes. By doing so, you will have more space for the fillings.
- Prepare the filling by mixing the crème fraîche, 2/3 of the grated cheese, salt and black pepper. You can also add some extra minced garlic if you like an extra garlic flavor in the fillings. Otherwise, you may skip it. Mix well.
- Put the tomato halves into the oven pan, and then fill each of the tomato with the filling mixture.
- Topped each filled tomato with extra cheese and sprinkle with some chili flakes or oregano.
- Cook in oven at 175 C degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese on the tomatoes looks golden brown.